Publications

logo-new

You have downloaded this file 0 times in the last 24 hours, limit is 100.
Your file downloads total 0 in the last 24 hours, limit is 100.

Biomass Resources, Uses, and Opportunities in West Virginia 2013
Download

Thank you for downloading Biomass Resources, Uses, and Opportunities in West Virginia 2013

If your download does not start automatically after a few seconds, please click on the Download link above

Description:

West Virginia, located in the central Appalachian region, has abundant biomass resources. The state produces 2.69 million dry tons of wood residues per year including 1.39 million dry tons of logging residue; 1.1 million dry tons of mill residues; 158,380 dry tons of urban tree residues; 12,716 dry tons of pallet residues and 26,241 dry tons of solid wood material from construction and demolition waste. The state’s annual agriculture residue production is 1.98 million dry tons including 857,880 dry tons of grass seed residue; 11,109 dry tons of corn stover; 141,245 dry tons of corn silage; 1,652 dry tons of soybean residue; 2,933 dry tons of all wheat straw and 963,032 dry tons of animal manure.

The total annual biomass production potential is 4.67 million dry tons in West Virginia, which could produce 63.57 trillion BTUs. The source of this biomass is divided between the agriculture and forestry sectors, with the agriculture sector producing 42.4% of the total residue biomass in the state, and the forestry sector providing the remaining 57.6%.  This report summarizes potential biomass resources, uses, and opportunities for West Virginia in 2013.

File Size:
3.5 MB
Downloads:
415
Submitted On:
03 Jun 2014
İstanbul nakliyat dtunnel ktunnel